I need to move a pile of rocks.
put them on craigslist for free.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Why can't you hire it done?

How far do they have to be moved? Our old house there was a big pile o' rocks left over from grading that was done. My wife wanted it gone. I didn't want to hire it done and didn't want to move them just to move them. I turned them into a dry-stack rock wall at the corner of our property. Over the years when I dug rocks out of the yard I added to it.
Where my brother-in-law lives (Connecticut) he was able to recruit off-the-books day laborers with very poor English skills for a very low cost (all cash).

He found them at one of the local Home Depot parking lots. You'd have to ask around to see where they congregate, but paying for the grunt labor is cheaper than paying for your hospital bills for doing the work yourself.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
meackerman said:

put them on craigslist for $10, but dicker down to free.

FIFY.

My SIL got rid of a bunch of landscaping bricks by doing this. Actually, when the guy came to buy the bricks, the SIL said to take 'em for free and the guy insisted on paying him the $10.

Blaine
Took me two tries to get rid of some big rocks in craigslist for free. It worked though. The rocks were 100-150 lbs each.

The smalls just went into the trash can over time.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Fishing contest. Biggest fish gets your weight in rocks. 2nd place gets 2x weight.

Have the weigh in at the rock pile.

Trophy rocks.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
Leave the rocks where they are and you move. You get the same net effect.

Twinn
Will post for food.
Mark, it depends on how big the rocks are.

If they're just a few big ones, dig a really deep hole next to each one, roll the rocks in, and cover with the dirt.

If they're a bunch of smaller rocks, dig a really deep hole, toss them all in, and cover with dirt.

Easy.

Don't you have a barn? How do you get one of those in a homeowner's association?

Glad to be of help.

Steve
CLETUS said:

I can't use a bobcat, tractor or any other mechanical means.

I don't want to move them my self and I have no friends that will help.

I can't hire it done.

I thought about a WN get-together but you'd have to bring your own food and beer.

What other ideas do you guys have?

I would live to join in the fun , but I am busy that weekend

CLETUS said:

I have no friends.

I'd recommend starting here.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis