mower envy
holy crap. My little Troy-Bilt pony is down while I wait for parts. My neighbor saw me mowing the front part of my yard (faces street) with a push mower. Comes over says use my Kubota. It's a bx2230, diesel engine. Holy crap. Cleaned it when I was done, hope I got all the drool off. Wow is about all I can say.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
Great little machines. I used to mow with a Massey Ferguson 1531 with a 6ft deck. That's 31hp on a 2000pto. Mowed like a dream but was too heavy.

Now I have a JD 657 stander and can mow 2+ acres in less than an hour!

I still drool when I use it!!!
Be careful, going orange is a dangerous slippery slope. Ya buy one, then a few years later you trade it in for 20 Hp more, then a few years you do it again. Pretty soon you are riding around with ~95 Hp under you and you wonder how you got to that point. It happened to my brother.
oscarMadison said:

holy crap. My little Troy-Bilt pony is down while I wait for parts. My neighbor saw me mowing the front part of my yard (faces street) with a push mower. Comes over says use my Kubota. It's a bx2230, diesel engine. Holy crap. Cleaned it when I was done, hope I got all the drool off. Wow is about all I can say.

Could take months to fix that Troy.

I really really like my JD.
Those are nice mowers. I looked at used ones and they were way out of budget like nearly 8x the price of a regular mower...

There is a mower made in England I'd like to have. Available diesel engine 4wd locking rear differential etc. Take a look at westwoodmowers. Cool mowers but very expensive.
That's not mower envy. This is mower envy:

It's a shame that there's such a jump between a $1,500 mower and a $15,000 mower.

they might be over kill for me.

i can see why he likes to mow. He's off by himself when he mows and his mower is nice to ride. Mine I feel every bump, a section that I slow down at is push the pedal, shift, then the same once I'm over it. When I used his I just let up on the pedal and it slows, go smoothly over rough section then give it gas. Diesel seems to have a lot of power even when turning. At no time did I feel like it was straining. I actually enjoyed it, it was much less of a hassle.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
I used to sell cars to an old fella and his family. I promised him that if he bought a car from me, I'd wash it once a month for him. He held me to my word.

He said he had a Kubota, diesel riding mower. I let him know hat if he ever wanted to sell it, I might be a buyer.

He got pretty sick and told me that he'd leave the mower to me when he passed away. He died a few months later. Everything in the will was contested by his family. About 6 months later, his daughter came to let me know I inherited the mower and I can have it if they ever find it. I never heard from them again.
Why would you even try to pick it up??