Keyhole saw identification
Can anyone identify this saw? It has a nice handle which appears to be made from rosewood. There is no name on the blade. The handle has two names stamped on it. I could not make out all the letters. The first is "...Grierson" with just below it "bridges".
I'm guessing other blades or attachments may have come with it. The brass ferule which holds the blade is oval as seen in one of the photos.
Thanks for your help.
Chris

Sorry I can't help you but it looks like you got a couple of good keepers.
Known as a "pad saw." the examples I have are both Marples, and the main place I've seen pictures of that style is in English woodworking books.

I don't know what came with them; the discussions of them I've seen in the books focused on their use with the kind of keyhole blade you've got there...you lucky dawg, since two handles I've got came without blades.
This one has beech wood but seems to be made the same.

Quote:

Mathieson Pad Saw Brass and beech, clearly marked with the Mathieson name. The blade is straight and sharp, marked "Fuluse, Sheffield, England". The handle has all of its original finish and no chips or cracks.

http://hyperkitten.com/pics/tools/fs/arc...1/s23.html
Thanks everyone. I've never heard of a pad saw. It looks just like the Mathieson. Thanks for identifying it.

Chris