A&C Tissue Boxes
Ode to Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie Style in Spalted Cherry and Tiger Maple.

Finish is two coats of shellac plus paste wax.
Those are too nice for Kleenex. Well done!

Now get to work on a Falling Waters toilet paper holder!
Those will fit right in in an A&C home, Cian. Very nice. The cherry looks more like pitchy cherry than spalted to me, but it works well in either case.

John
Nice Job Cian!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop

My only suggestion is next time use some wood with character, that plain Jane stuff is pretty boring

I absolutely love Cherry with gum streaks.

PS I would call that Cherry curly, with gum streaks.

Curly cherry usually is just a blotchy darker patch

Gummy Cherry

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
How did you make the angled tops?
Don
Cherry and maple always seem to make a nice couple...

"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
The Woodnet braintrust comes through again. Thanks for the clarification on the wood gents. I was struggling with this one a bit. That cherry board has been in my stash for a while and has darkened enough to have me question whether it was a lighter walnut. Pitchy/gummy cherry never crossed my mind - good to know.

DFJarvie said:

How did you make the angled tops?

I use a tennoning jig. I didnt grab a pic from this time around, but here's one from my past burial urn project:

Nice boxes, Cian.

When I am shopping for cherry, I always keep my eye out for gummy cherry, as my wife prefers it. It does add character.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite