Walnut Furniture, Now What Wall Color?
The office desk is finally finished. It is made out of air dried walnut. And other furniture will be made out of walnut also. What paint color does anyone recommend for painting the room? The carpet is a tan-ish/cream mix and there are slate tile floors in the entry next to the room. The room gets natural light, but not directly so it isn't the brightest of rooms.

Any pictures would be appreciated if you've got them. My Google-fu isn't working real well right now to find suggestions. What colors have you found to work well with black walnut?

TIA,
Shane
The dark furniture wants to be offset by a light, somewhat muted color, I think. I'd go for a very light blue or maybe green, something that will add some color to the room after the dark walnut and the tan carpet.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Pics of the desk?

I agree, walnut is dark and so I think it needs a light-colored room. If just plain white is too boring, I would suggest white wainscoting, white ceiling / crown moulding, and a light color for the walls.

Maybe a light grey to compliment the slate tiles? Or light tan to compliment the carpet (but that might be too much beige, blah). You just don't want to make the room any darker.

Something like:

Grey walls
(That actually might be too dark.)

or

Tan walls

My office is basically the same style, except the walls are a dark red. I still am working on building furniture for it, but I plan to use QSWO, stained, but not real dark. It would be pretty dark with walnut in it.
Turning impaired.
maybe one of the Sherwin Williams arts and crafts colors?

Sherwin Williams Arts and Crafts colors
Bottom line, ask your wife.
Bill Bob said:

Bottom line, ask your wife.

^^^^^^ This.