Has anyone seen DIYdappler
I enjoyed his posts and turnings and it seems to me he has not posted in over a year.

Wonder if he is OK.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hey Arlin, and all.

Crazy timing, I haven't been on Woodnet in well over a year! I was briefly researching a small project and figured I'd check here. Wandered into the turning section and saw my name

Things are okay. Haven't done any turning in forever. Most of my tools are rusting in storage because I have no room or time. Suffice to say my relatively comfy life went kaboom, now I'm renting a cracker box and out on my own, with my 4 kids (now ages 8,6,4, and 2) 50% of the time. It's been epicly rough waters, but I'm hoping the old adage of storming hardest just before the calm holds true. I'm better off this way, and my kids will be as well, I hope.

I see some familiar names still are regulars here. I hope you're all doing well, and I'll try not to be such a stranger.

Take care,
Brandon
Speaking of regulars, does Gordon Seto ever wander in any more? Or is anyone aware of how he is? I think of him often. He quietly spent hundreds of hours, yes hundreds, mentoring me via email and PM, and probably sent me a few hundred bucks in extra supplies etc. In all the mayhem of my life I still have regret for having lost touch with him.
Great to know you are still with us. Some times we have to deal with life and let other things slide. Hope to see you back turning at some point. All the best.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Thank you Mel.

It's amazing how priorities and definitions of things like "necessity" change when we gain some perspective.

In better news, my woodworking skills have still continued to pay off. I am Cubmaster of my son's Cub Scout Pack. He put all my knowledge to use, and makes killer Pinewood Derby cars that have taken the cake both years so far
That's great, keep him interested in woodworking and making fine cars. The joy you will get will be worth it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
It is so very nice to have you checking in my friend.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.