Northeast Hand tool spots
I'm going to be driving from NYC to Boston in a couple weeks and was wondering if there were any good spots to stop along the way for traditional woodworking tools?
depending on your route, you might want to hit the Stormville flea market. I know that was one of Walt's favorites. You're also welcome to stop at my shop and see if there's anything here you can't live without (I'm just off Exit 24 of the Thruway).
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Woodcraft is just off Rt 84 in Manchester CT: unfortunately, their hand tool selection is the usual Woodcraft stuff.
Philip1231 said:

Woodcraft is just off Rt 84 in Manchester CT: unfortunately, their hand tool selection is the usual Woodcraft stuff.

If you are in the area Sept 12., that Woodcraft store (actually the CT Valley School of Woodworking is hosting a L-N Hand Tool Even along with a tailgate sale. There are usually some good tools there.
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

Thanks for the info! Going in mid-August, but will definitely check out that Stormville flea marker in September.
Rietta Flea Market Hubbardston, MA. I've had a lot of luck there, but you should show up early.
[Image: 19883933659_baf12312a0_z.jpg]
Someday I'm going to go clear to Canada; I think some old-time tools are up that way....

Chris
Sundays, Seekonk Speedway Fleamarket.

$2 to get in, terrible parking, belligerent sellers and surly clientele.

Excellent rust hunting.
Bring singles.
Too bad Brass City Records is closed (RIP Walt Q). They are in Connecticut. If you have time on the end of your trip, a couple of hours north of Boston is Lie-Nielsen.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
That's where I found all my H&Rs and molding planes as well as my Stanley #45 and #55.

I can't go trout fishing all the time!!!!!
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green