What is this and do I need it?
Bought a bunch of Shopsmith stuff from a guy this weekend. In it were a few non SS related things....one was this white jointech fence looking thing. What would I use it for? I got no clue other then I assume a router application maybe? The lot had a couple of the Incra universal positioning jigs in the upper right corner and a fasTTraK bandsaw fence too among others. Always fun bought lots....like a box of chocolates.

Thanks
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Router fence with stop block and coping sled plus feather board. Might be useful for cope and stick doors. Could also be modified to make finger joints. That's my best guess.
Thanks. I thought all router table fences had a cutaway for the bit.
Good point! It could be used zero clearance by burying the bit in the fence. I did wonder how the fence would be fastened down. You could attach it to another fence and bury the bit to use it on a router table. It could also be used on the drill press. But again it is unclear from the picture how it would be attached to a table or other fence system. Clamping longer items in the drill press using the right angle sled might be handy and the stop would work there as well.

It does remind me somewhat of something woodhaven or a similar company from the early router table days might have sold. I have kept things like that around years waiting for a use. I finally get rid of them and within in weeks the perfect application shows up.
it looks to me to be a rig for making finger joints
that is why there is no hole in the fence
It's the original incra jig router fence. I've had one for years and it is a useful tool. I don't use it often but using it is the only way I've ever made finger joints that worked out right.
Steve K

The grey thing in the upper right corner of the pic is Incra...the universal positioning jig. Cool. The holes line up perfectly but the fence says Jointech.

So these were intended were work together?

SteveK, you got pics of your setup?
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Scott W said:

The grey thing in the upper right corner of the pic is Incra...the universal positioning jig. Cool. The holes line up perfectly but the fence says Jointech.

So these were intended were work together?

SteveK, you got pics of your setup?

I do have pictures but they're pretty much identical to the picture Cary posted. They were sold together.
Steve K