Carcas joinery
I am about to build two drawer cabinets for my two workbenches. What is a good way to join the ends of the plywood carcass? I really don't want to see an entire edge of ply end grain, but, it is a shop cab afterall. Don't have/want a Pocket hole jig. Just looking for ideas.

Roger
A rabbit on the ends of the front face of the drawer should do it.
I put a face piece on my plywood, sand it flush with the plywood and then use that face of the plywood to be the exposed face. For joining I just use pocket screws and a little glue and the cabinets are rock solid. Upper kitchen cabinets that hang on walls get dados and rabbets and a lot of glue, but not the cabinets that sit on a floor.
I typically use iron-on edge banding. I get mine from Woodworkers Supply.

I would use simple butt joints and screws.
You can countersink and plug them if you like.
You could use rabbets on the case sides but make the tongues perhaps a 1/4 in. shy of the top and bottom. Then glue in a piece of solid wood to fill the space.

Or you could use a miter.

Pocket screws and false fronts.

Rabbet the top and bottom into the sides, faceframe on the front, solid wood drawer fronts = no exposed plywood end grain.

John
+1 on rabbets. There are several configurations that will work, and you can rabbet one or both pieces. Fasten with nails or screws.

For shop furniture, keep it simple and strong.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop