Outside corner molding
Can I get some suggestions on making 3/4 by 3/4 outside corner molding
Thanks in advance
Mark

as in physically making it or applying it?

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Making
Unless the profiles are complicated the procedures are fairly straightforward

coves on the TS with parallelogram aux fences or use a cove bit on a router table.

Ogee and other profiles I generally create the blank in one or more wide boards run the profiles then trim them off on the TS ( this is much safer and quicker than single pieces

Your molding is small in section which is why I would use the above strategy if it is not a cove.

If the profile is large with lots of details I use whatever combination of saw cuts router cuts shaper cuts it takes to match what exists or is drawn

I did this one with a TS using molding bits in a craftsman head and an LRH head and the shaper

The key to detailed molding like this is to keep the stock flat through all the operations then trim off the " foot" last.

That is a lot of general concepts if you want more specific info please detail the project profile .

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I take 4/4 hardwood 1" square and long, rip about 13/16, then rotate and rip again.
The waste can be used for pens, glue-ups for piddling or firewood.
More waste than I like but what can you do.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I thought he's asking about thin L-shaped corner trim.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
well if that is it I would at least round over all the corners before I cut the back out.

I had not considered that style

but sometimes you just have to go with your gut

Your right Gary
Thanks guys
I make bull nosed outside corner by cutting the inside dado with the TS blade set at the right height and making two passes. That does require adjusting for the TS blade width on the second pass. That is if you want the orientation to be exactly in the center. With a thin kerf blade, most applications are only a problem when joining two pieces end to end, meaning the orientation must be matched.

Then use a router table to make the outside round over.
I've made outside corner molding only when I couldn't buy it in the species I wanted. I machined a wide board to final thickness ,then dadoed each edge. Ripped the boards to width. Repeated this til the stock was narrow. I have two saws so I did not need to change from dado to rip blade.
Can be done with just a rip blade,one cut flat ,other on edge.
I break the edge with a laminate trimmer and round over bit before machining.

mike