I Think I Might Have to Stop Looking for Hand Vises
Especially after receiving this one today - pictured as received - as close to NOS as one can expect. I'll polish tomorrow!

Richard
Who Still Has His MOJO
Nice! !!

Oh, and again. .....UNCALLED FOR!!

See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Wicked nice!
So it's you that's stompin' on Dom's mojo!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
cputnam said:

Dom is welcome in Ohio anytime. I guarantee that we can rejuvenate his MOJO in one estate sale!

Richard
lilrichard2 said:

[blockquote]cputnam said:

Dom is welcome in Ohio anytime. I guarantee that we can rejuvenate his MOJO in one estate sale!

Richard

[/blockquote]

With the way my luck has been going I may need to take a road trip to get it back. Just as soon as I accrue some vacation time......
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Oh no, you can keep looking. Just send the excess inventory to me, and we'll both be happy!
Outstanding condition!!

Starrett makes {or made} a cast iron "clamp-on" base for that hand vise..The vise "unscrews" from the wooden handle and mounts in this cast iron swivel base. I have one "86B" with the base and one "86B" mounted on the wooden handle... both are nice but not as nice as the one you just received. I also have an even smaller forged Starrett clamp-on mini-vise that I have had many years... If they say "Starrett", buy 'em when you see 'em!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Nice find Richard but you can't give up yet. Here is my Starrett with the clamp on base. I don't have a handle and would be very surprised if one was to come my way. I might have to make my own handle.

I'm not in a rush for a handle yet because I have this Miller Falls one that I got from SteveF a couple of years ago.

For scale next to the Starrett.

The Mill fFalls does some tricks that the Starrett doesn't know. The handle can be mounted on the side and it holds a few goodies in the handle, some I haven't figured out yet.

Don't give up the hunt.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Dang, you guys are making me jealous. I don't have a nice hand vise. I haven't really been looking for them, but I might have to. I have uses for one, that's for sure.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com