Repairing old carved table
Normally I hate restoring antique furniture. But one of my customers asked me to repair and build extensions for this carved French Lions head table. They date it around 1880-90 and bought it in France several years ago. The interesting thing about this table is the top is solid and the end aprons pull out with double slides.
" />
Poppa's Woodworks
The part that got my attention and why I am posting were some of the things I found that just really seemed cool to me.
1st when I started to dis-assemble the table I could see all the original layout lines. Then when I removed the base, in between the aprons were the plane shavings left when they fitted the aprons.
" />
Poppa's Woodworks
It just seemed cool to me that some guy in France 130 years ago left them there for me to find.
When I took the top apart to repair a cracked glue joint I realized the French beat the Germans at inventing the Domino. (There's was just hand powered)
" />

" />
Poppa's Woodworks
Very cool.