The Proof of the Pudding (Lingerie Chest build)
Below is the latest installment of the Lingerie Chest build. I get the chance to test out whether the strategy to build the sliding dovetail housings from the rear of the carcase for the front of the carcase works or not.

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/Furniture/T...dding.html

I know that there are no questions asked, but please feel free to comment or offer your thoughts how you would do it differently.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Nice looking and well described - as usual.
Did you say you are planning to make two of these dressers?
Funny man, Tim.

Actually, the hard work in this build has been determining strategy, that is, the method to construct joints. The design came first, and then I had to make it happen. It is simply amazing how more complex this is when the construction moves from square to compound joinery.

The next step is the stopped mortices for the front drawer blades, only 14 needed. And then the mortice and tenon joints for the drawer runners. Only 32 of these.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Derek, you should have been a surgeon!
Bill
That chest is really coming along, now. Your workmanship is excellent, as usual. I am looking forward to the time when you can return to this project.
On a minor note, is it really already September Down Under as the "Pudding Page" indicates? I know you are a few hours ahead of us here, but that seems a bit much .

Dave
DaveinOhio said:

That chest is really coming along, now. Your workmanship is excellent, as usual. I am looking forward to the time when you can return to this project.
On a minor note, is it really already September Down Under as the "Pudding Page" indicates? I know you are a few hours ahead of us here, but that seems a bit much .

Dave

Dave, you should know by now that we are precocious in Oz, definitely ahead of our time.

Oops

Regards from Perth

Derek
Derek Cohen said:

Funny man, Tim.

It is simply amazing how more complex this is when the construction moves from square to compound joinery.

That my friend is an understatement. That is why Chippendale chairs and Bombe' furniture is so difficult. Almost every joint is a compound angle. I know many people who have started projects like that and realized they have bitten off more than they can chew and abandon the project. Kudos on your quick progress and perseverance.
Dave

Thanks. What is so impressive is that you have completed so many even more complex builds.

Regards from Perth

Derek