Jet Mortiser Question
I have an older Delta benchtop mortiser with which I have a love-hate relationship - mostly hate. I've been thinking for some time about getting a floor standing machine with an X-Y traverse. There is a Jet floor standing mortiser on my local Craigslist for $500. The advert says it has been lightly used. The only Jet floor standing mortiser I can find on the Internet is a Model 719A, so I assume that is the model # of the one for sale. Other than a couple of incidental references, I can't find much about the machine on the Internet. Does anyone here have experience with or know anything about this Jet machine? Any opinions about whether it would be a significant step up from my crabby old Delta?
TIA.

Hank
I'd say it would be a big step up in class, and for that price it would be a no brainer if I were in that market.

Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks, Admiral. That's what I needed to know. Now to check to see if it's still available.
I have that mortise and it has the Powermatic initials cast on the side. so it the same as the Powermatic 719A.

Steal at 500 (even more so if it includes the chisels
It's mine! Piced it up this afternoon. Thanks for the help.
Very cool, great deal on this for sure. You'll enjoy it.

Oh, and by the way......

Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Great grab! Obviously it only does one thing but it does it oh so well.

(Unlesss of course you find one of those multi-spindle shelf hole drilling heads.)
Cian said:

(Unlesss of course you find one of those multi-spindle shelf hole drilling heads.)

If anyone wants one of those Jet multi-spindle shelf hole drilling heads
let me know. I have on new in the box. Decided to do fixed shelves on my kitchen instead. Will even consider trades.
PaulJohnstone said:

[blockquote]Cian said:

If anyone wants one of those Jet multi-spindle shelf hole drilling heads
let me know. I have on new in the box. Decided to do fixed shelves on my kitchen instead. Will even consider trades.

[/blockquote]
Somebody should jump on this. Hard to find.