8" bench grinder recommendations....
8" Porter Cable Bench Grinder bit the dust today.

Open for suggestions for replacement.

It will need to turn two CBN 8" Wheels.

Thanks
I've had the Delta variable speed for 6 maybe 7 years and really like it.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
This one , plenty cheap and great for anything but industrial use. I have one from a few years ago when they had 3/4 HP motors, and recently bought another one (with the Powertec label) when Woot had them for $59.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks.
It looks just like the Porta Cable one I have.

Maybe my only affordable choose.
I have a porter cable high speed grinder with a CBN wheel. A friend of mine just got a slow speed and I like it a LOT better. That would be my recommendation.

I picked up one on Fred's recommendation a few months ago. So far it's been perfect.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I hope to get one sometime to,

I heard Rikon had one on sale for $99 and it was slow speed just like what the CBN wheels call for.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I really like the Porter Cable 8 inch variable speed grinder (I have two). It's way better balanced than the el cheapo slow speed no-name grinder I got at Woodcraft around 10 years ago. But, it's discontinued. Perhaps the Dewalt is a clone. I run CBN wheels on one grinder, and bowl buffs on the other. Putting CBN wheels on the slow speed didn't solve the out of balance problem.

If you want the best, get a Baldor. They are built like tanks, have ultra good reliability, older ones are US made, and industrial quality bearings. Expensive, though. Look for a used one, where the motor is made in the US.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I believe Baldor is still made in the USA. I have used and abused one for 10 or so years, and I can't seem to wear it out. If you put CBN wheels on your grinder and it still does not run true, then the shafts on your grinder are bent. I consider the 1/2 hp motors to be a bit light for the steel CBN wheels. Ken Rizza Woodturning Wonders has some that are on aluminum cores and considerably lighter. A number of people do have the steel wheels on the Rikon grinder, and they seem to do just fine. I would give them a hand spin/push start so the motor doesn't have as much of a start up load. I do have one of the old blue no name grinders that Woodcraft used to carry, and when I demo with it, I do give it a push start. It is a 3/4 hp motor, and so is my Baldor. The actual difference in muscle is about the same as the weight, with the Baldor being about twice as heavy as the no name.

robo hippy
Tried the $99 Woodcraft per Ken Rizza Woodturning Wonders suggestion. May be I just got a bad one but it was a joke.

Settled on the Delta $129 at Lowes. Sure runs a lot better.