Handle sets for 3 inch thick door.
I am am making a set of carriage doors from an article I found in Fine Homebuilding. The resulting door is 3 inches thick. Any ideas on where I can get a handle set for a thick door like this. I found one place (http://www.directdoorhardware.com/Handle..._thick.htm). They are a little pricey but not out of the question. Just wondered if there are any other options.
Your door puts you in "custom" territory. The price for good hardware seems about right. Baldwin is the only other name that comes to mind for better hardware. I would assume that the prices would be the same.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
search "Emtek" I have used their handlesets in the past for doors up to 3" thick. you may have to contact them for the parts but they seem to be able to supply whatever you need or at least a dealer local to you

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

The OP's link is to Emtek products. The lowest cost handle listed is $240.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
sounds like he is already on the right path then
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

A mortise lock should work. The only thing that would need to be changed is the square shift that the knobs attach to. That can be threaded square stock.

http://www.houseofantiquehardware.com/door-knob-spindle
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy