Portland/Seattle rust hunting??
I'm going to be going out to Portland and Seattle on the 19th and I'm wondering if there are any good spots fro rust hunting out that way. Anyone got any spots they'd like to share?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Hardwick's Hardware in Seattle has a few older tools, but it has a GREAT selection of new hand tools, including a good selection of files and rasps.
It seems most folks threw their tools out of the Conestoga wagons to lighten the load as the came west crossing the rivers and the mountains. Most people out here call rusty/broken rakes and mismatched socket sets tools at garage sales. A +1 for Hardwick's. I stop there every time I'm in Seattle to see what's old.
It makes no difference whether you think you can or you can't. In the end you will be right either way.
Not rust hunting, but Powell's Bookstore in Portland is worth a visit (especially their used books section).

The REI in Portland is a big one.
I've poked around the PNW a couple times. Lots of logging and maritime type antiques. I did do well at an estate sale. It's so pretty there that I'm usually fine going home empty handed.
I run in to this guy & other members of his group at swap meets around here. Unfortuntely most all the meets I go to are over.

Bought several things from them, good prices & very willing to share their knowledge.
Hillsboro is a big suburb of Portland, going east toward the coast, & the heart of Intel, by the way.
PNTC

HTH

Bob
Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14
You trying to strip mine the country quadrant by quadrant?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

blackhat said:

You trying to strip mine the country quadrant by quadrant?

Ya got me!!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$