last weeks fun
I had a customer wanting me to make a Q-Tip holder similar to the tooth pick holder I made her. I finally got some play time and made a few things.

Walnut toothpick holder next to Cherry Q-Tip holder

another Cherry Q-Tip holder, actually made 3. she showed it to her friends and I sold two more.

couple walnut bottle openers

A pizza peel walnut, cherry and maple. yeah no turning on this

And I also made a new drying rack and put 56 wet cherry blanks on it. Old oven racks make nice shelves

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Very cool

what method do you use for tapering the pizza peel?

Nice work btw
I have a sled I made for the planer and then run the same sled through the sander but in the opposite direction and both sides. Real time saver. If you run it the wrong direction in the sander, the sander will spit it out quickly. DAMHIKT
Don's woodshop
Thanks -- pics of the sled when you have a minute please
Don

Very nicely done buddy and I like how you did them too.

Some day I will get some or a lot of Cherry. I just never see it around here.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice projects, all of them!
Steve K

Wipedout said:

Thanks -- pics of the sled when you have a minute please

yep,
but I don't think it will help unless you know how to make one.
What you can't see is that it is tapered from one end to the other, like a wedge

How I did it.
took a 3/4 ply scrap 13x22, make it what you want.

took another scrap 3/4 ply for a temporary sled and screwed a 1/2" stop on one end, then screwed a 3/8" scrap ply to hold the thickness I wanted for the taper on the other end. (yours may vary). in between I placed some various thickness scraps as support shims. (use as many shims as you want)

then Laid the 3/4x22 ply on top and moved the shims until the made contact with it. I then marked where they were .( you can stick them down) I just marked with a pencil and checked them after each planing.

Run it through the planer until it's planed to the end. just a bit of the top veneer left on the stop end.

I then glued 1/4" ply on the planed face to help stiffen it back up.
nice and solid again Laid it all out and glued on 2 stop blocks (Glue on only as they will get planed some on the first Peel you make

I laid out my pattern on the back cause my memory is all used up

HTH
Don
Don's woodshop
Thanks so much!
Real nice. The q tips holder is a great idea, might have to use it.
hairy said:

Real nice. The q tips holder is a great idea, might have to use it.

Thanks. I can see a Minion working well for this
Don's woodshop