Estate Sale Finds <large photos>
I had some luck at a recent sale ...

1st up ... some misc items including a Large Nicholson Rasp, 6" quick-grip clamp, and a few other odds-n-ends

" />

" />

A few more chisels <1.25" Craftsman, 3/4" Plexo, 5/8" Stanley, 1/2" Plexo, 1/4" Craftsman, 1/8" Blue Grass & Buck Brothers>
the last 2 are
" />

A Starrett 18" rule, Lufkin 12" rule, Stanley 90 marking gauge, 8" Stanley Bevel gauge, Stanley no4 tramel set, Stanley 63 spokeshave, a variety of "pinch dogs", and a Disston 8" Back saw (older than 1917 based on the medallion)

" />

And lastly a nice selection of Buck Brothers crank neck chisels and gouges (one on the far left is in the earlier picture) the 2 on the left are 1/2" & 3/4"chisels. The other 6 gouges range in size from 1/2" to ~1":

" />

I think I did OK at $90 out the door w/ sales tax

I now need to go get educated on gouges. Also I need to do some review of the tool inventory to see what is going to end up available to sale/swap and what I keep.
I'd love to find pinch dogs like that.

Congrats
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Wow, what a haul! Let me be the first to say, You Suck!
Thanks.. I was waiting for a "you suck"
BpB123 said:

" />

Is that object at the bottom right, to the left of the rasp, a pocket scriber, or a spring-loaded center punch? From here, it looks more like a pocket scriber: loosen up the collet chuck, and the scriber will reverse so it can go in your pocket without making holes in your clothes (or you). They're extremely cool, and useful, tools. The other nice thing about the reversing is that the point is protected from damage in the toolbox.
Thanks Bill:

You are correct. It is a pocket scriber. I will check out the collet trick you describe.

Thanks!

Brian
They charge sales tax on estate sales out there? Not so in these parts.
Herb G said:

They charge sales tax on estate sales out there? Not so in these parts.

In these parts, too, if the sale is being run by a commercial firm; but not if it's being run by the family.
unfortunately, they do

At least on estate sales that are run by commercial teams.

-Brian