Great Rough Cut Episode
bandsaw said:

After watching that episode I commented to my wife that it would have been better if Tommy stayed home and they let Peter do the whole thing. Not knocking Tommy but Peter's enthusiasm matches Tommy's and he's the chair guy.

That was part of my impression as well. I'll just say they removed all the mystery from making a Windsor and I just might tackle it someday.

Tony Z----If you haven't got a DVR, they still make DVD recorders-----although if you can find one that works----VCRs were the easiest to use. Tivo may still be around, but their program charges are ridiculous.
Dave
Tony Z said:

[blockquote]AHill said:

Maybe at the North Bennet Street School, Tommy Mac skipped the classes on chairmaking, or he took the carpentry curriculum. There are so many nuances on traditional chairmaking, you gotta appreciate the craftsmen that make them. Looking forward to seeing that episode. For some reason, all the SoCal PBS stations dropped Rough Cut for this time of the season. I wish they'd carry Rough Cut and drop American Woodworker.

We have access to all of the shows, but the issue is they're broadcast on Saturday mornings, starting at 9:00 AM ending around 11:00 AM! Jeez, if I start watching TV at that time of the day, I may as well pack in accomplishing anything!

[/blockquote]

That's why they invented the DVR! I love my DirecTV DVR. I can record up to 5 shows at once. I just set it to record the series for all the WW shows, so I don't have to remember to record them. Then I watch at my own convenience.

I am thinking now that Tommy knows what all the tools are used for, and that he's just being the straight man so viewers can learn.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill