Patio table
I just got my 1st out door patio table. It has a tempered glass top. I live in IL. with pretty rough winters. Do I need to store the table indoors in the winter or will it be ok left out doors? I hope it will last for a number of years It's a fairly large & heavy table top but it's only about 1/4" thick.
Thanks for any advice.
Just get a good cover for it. The bigger issue is keeping water out of the hollow aluminum framing and keeping it from freezing. I had that happen to a table from Menards and it bent the frame and the powder coat came off in one spot
I think all outdoor furniture benefits from bringing it in during the winter-----storage space permitting.

A cover is a good idea, but I'd suggest a piece of plywood--- or maybe corrugated fiberglass to cover and protect the glass from falling branches or hail if you get it.
Dave
Remember that wind can lift a table fairly easily, so in the winter tying it down is a good ideal. I now have perforated metal tables and even though there is perforations I still tie them down come hurricane season. I like the perforated metal because I don't have to wipe off the rain water.

Tie down the chairs too.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I set my patio tables up on wooden blocks and cover them with a tarp that is tied down pretty good. I also put something on top of the tables so the tarp isn't laying flat and the snow and rain will run off. Hoping to have a shed next spring to store them in but the tarp and blocks have worked well for the last several winters.

Lonnie
If the glass was made in China you're screwed.
Google up Chinese glass table tops.
You will be shocked.
I've had a glass topped table for 16 years. It's in the sun & rain all summer long. For the off season I have been putting it on my screened in porch just to keep it out of most of the bad news of winter. The glass is still good but legs & support member have plastic connections & they have deteriorated. I'm going to get rid of it after this summer, just because of the safety concerns with the frame. Amazingly, I bought it at WalMart & the chairs are still serviceable.
Thanks for your replies. I'm still not sure whether or not a I'll be able to sore it out of the weather yet, but I think I will if I can get some place to store it for the winter.
I covered our non glass table one year and found out that it made a wonderful place for the sparrows to gather. I found out they "leak". Didn't do it a second!
My glass top sits out on the deck always. I may tie it down when windy. It looks like a big cake when it has a couple feet of snow on it.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.