Mobile Tool Organization/What's your favorite Tool Bag?
[Surprisingly a search revealed this topic has somehow been missing]

I need my tools to be mobile. What's your favorite bag or box that keeps you organized while doing a project in the next room or a drive away?
I got this one for my friend last year, and he said he loves it... He is often called on by members of the fairer sex to come fix random things

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QYZ...ailpage_o02_s00
Benny

Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hi,

I posed this exact question just about a year ago. Thread link pasted below.

Maybe it helps.....Mike

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...ev=#Post6811444
Veto Pro Pac

I have worn out several of the BORG type bags. Got a Veto and it has worn like iron. Might not be worth it for everyone, but it sure has been for me.
I use a bucketboss gate mouth bag bought on amazon and an avp (now branded Southwire) electricians tool bag from lowes. I put my framing nailer in a bucketboss nailer bag too. I really like how well the bucketboss bags are made.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

For years when I was contracting, and constantly had tools on the go I always had stragglers like a circular, and reciprocating saws, and drills just never made it to a bag for me, but for all the smaller stuff I always used these

Today I never need as many tools, and a lot of times it is the saws, drills, and larger stuff, and I use the heavy plastic totes, usually with the lid attached, and hinged.

Shame on me for going cheap city, but I also have duplicates of a number of tools, and find I have them salted all over. In the houses attached garage, in the barn, and down in the basement I have small stashes of screwdrivers, wrenches, all the stuff you need for almost anything and I find the tool bags from HF are rugged enough, and plenty cheap
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
First off, for something like your drill or Multimaster tool, with lots of attachments, Ace Hardware carries a small Craftsman bag with several pockets in the sides----nice not to have to go rummaging for the accessories.

If you'll be carrying the usual fare of screwdrivers, hammers, measuring tape, etc. nothing works better than a lidded tool box with removable top tray. I've seen the bucket cloth inserts, and they look great, but what happens when you take a sharp turn with the car/truck or if they get knocked over?
Dave
I don't know what you are planning to do so I can only tell you about what I carry I have a CLC bag for screw and nut drivers with an assortment of wire ties and common size screws for electrical stuff. I carry another bag full of fasteners mostly screws along with drywall anchors. A separate box with wrenches, sockets and channel locks. I find the CLC bag is often all I need. My bag full of cordless tools carries a set of snappy bits with drill bits, counter sink, drivers and a unibit in the side pocket.

This is similar to what I carry for fasteners and I have one full of 1/2" copper fittings for plumbing along with another full of 3/4" fittings

I bring a box along but usually only take what I need from it and leave it in truck.

This is the Snappy set I find the collets tend to crap out but when that happens I just pull the bit and use the drill chuck

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

The second post by Benny would be my recommendation. I have a soft bag that lacks the pouches and compartments for organization and a bucket insert. THe bucket insert isn't bad but for a few things. Nothing is reinforced so chisels, screwdrivers, or anything sharp pokes through the pouches. Secondly, the inside of the bucket inevitably becomes a catch-all for junk, dust, etc. I've regularly found myself digging around in it looking for something that 'might be in there'. Lastly, buckets don't hold power tools very well. Once you start piling stuff in and throw your drills on top the bucket gets top-heavy and awkward.

I had a coworker I installed cabinets with who upgraded to a stiff-sided open top bag like benny recommended. He loved it and I envied it. The large open pouch easily carried a drill set and some other larger, items like speed square or roll of tape. It also had a compartment on the bottom that held a bit organizer. Very handy. Now if you're talking about larger tools like circ saw or router, that tote's are the way to go there.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/