Picked Up Some Swedish Beavers
At the flea market I bought a nice set of bench chisels in their original box.$35 Beavers The set isn't complete, it's missing 1" and 7/8", but came with a second Swedish 1/2" and a Wm. Marple & Son Shamrock brand 7/8" socket. While on the rust hunt, I have picked up some good chisels, never a set. I feel pretty lucky

At that same flea market, I got a complete 1 1/2" Stanley #190 rabbet plane for just $5, a new US made 9/16" four flute end mill $10, and a couple of files. The files, a 14" person and 12" rat tail, are used, but one had a Scru-on handle and the other a after market socket chisel handle. Another great deal at $2.
A man of foolish pursuits
Hmmmm! There's a rule here that you might not have heard.

No Pics, Didn't Happen
From the post title, I was picturing these, but blonde:

Very nice. Eskilstuna tools have a good reputation.
Here you go:

Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
That one's probably on the Swedish Swimming Team that shows up on the ads on the Castor* Bowl.

*Genus name for beavers.

240 views, 5 responses

BTW this thread is an absolute fail, didn't live up to the title
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I don't know, that blond beaver is sort of cute.
Hey, I even put in a link with pretty pictures.. If you scroll down you'll find a box full of Beavers, like I got, I think they look special. BTW the Swedes sold chisels under the Castor brand in Spanish speaking countries.
A man of foolish pursuits
Steve N said:

240 views, 5 responses

BTW this thread is an absolute fail, didn't live up to the title

Yep. My mind was in the gutter when I opened this one up.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to derail this thread so badly. I have a very low resistance to temptation when it comes to post titles.

You really did get some great chisels at a great price. And those other tools aren't too shabby either. Scott Grandstaff, whose work is amazing, is a big fan of the Stanley 190-92 planes.

You definitely suck.