Blood meal
I have spoken to a few people and read online that besides nitrogen blood meal is good for keeping rabbits away. I have one bunny that likes my tomatoes. I can't shoot him in town so that's out. Next year I will do the fence but don't want to do it this year - I have enough to do.

So anyone use blood meal?
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Can somebody else shoot him?
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Not in town.

I have chance the rabbit a few times - it runs right to my neighbor who has a bigger garden.

I want my foxes back. We had a pair living in a wooded area near me. They kept the rabbit population down. Maybe I can trap a fox and relocate him/her to or neighborhood. There are several living in our town.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
That home made pepper spray post I made might help.
Most mammals can taste capsaicin. They don't like the smell of it either.
The post is in this section.
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...amp;sb=5&o=
Yep, It works. I've used blood meal several times to chase rabbits away.

A light sprinkle does not work. A small pile (say a cup worth) in their burrow and they never come back. I had one doe abandon babies in the den she hated the blood meal so much.

Refresh if you get a big rain.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
Just a warning about blood meal. Apparently can be toxic to dogs. I bought some to help rot out a tree stump. My dog wouldn't stay away and kept wanting to each the blood meal, so now I have a fence surrounding the stump in an attempt to keep her away.

Steve
I have lots of trouble with blight and other fungal diseases, and I spray a fungicide every couple of weeks. I have found that the critters (deer mostly) will not go near the plants with that stuff on it. Lowes and HD sells critter away sprays you could try as well. I have found even small amounts of deer netting to be tremendously effective against deer and other critters. I don't even fully enclose my patch. It's like if two or three sides are closed off, they just say the heck with it and don't even bother to find that the fourth is wide open.