Did you know black locust fluoresces under a black light?
It's a total trip to see it...

Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Slick
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Not only is it surprising to find out about that, it's surprising to hear of someone's workshop having black light. Novel idea.
petertay15 said:

Not only is it surprising to find out about that, it's surprising to hear of someone's workshop having black light. Novel idea.

I just brought in a couple of clamp lights....
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
That is really cool. Is it wet or dry? I wonder what finish would let still allow it to fluoresce.
So what ya making with it?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Hackberry is another wood that does that. There are more but I just can't remember them all.
Don't know if will glow here but a local school here in Binghamton, NY, MacArthur Elementary, has locust siding on part of the structure. Nice brown color. School was destroyed by 2011 flood....Tom
That is so cool!

If my kids ever see this, I'm never going to hear the end of requests for black-locust furniture.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Did you know this before you put a black light on it? I used to collect rocks and minerals and I used a black light to identify all sorts of rocks, but I never gave any thought that there might be woods that reacted to UV light.

I did some research and there are quite a few woods that react to black light:

http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articl...ification/
Still Learning,

Allan Hill