Concrete Driveway Repair/Fix Question
I would have him remove all of it and find another contractor. Don't pay him a dime.

Lonnie
Mr Eddie said:

I would have him remove all of it and find another contractor. Don't pay him a dime.

Lonnie

+1. Very ugly job. A professional did this??
My goodness, what a joke. I have done a total of two much smaller concrete jobs and could have easily done a better job than that. Maybe the concrete was bad coming off the truck, but it sure looks like they let it set too long and it got away from them. Bottom line: Not acceptable from a pro. He'll try to convince you that some kind of skim coat can fix it. No way. At a minimum, that section needs to be cut out and replaced. Makes me wonder where else they cut corners.
MNice said:

[blockquote]Mr Eddie said:

Lonnie

+1. Very ugly job. A professional did this??

[/blockquote]

What kind of "professional" installs a complete driveway with no money down?
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

[/blockquote]

What kind of "professional" installs a complete driveway with no money down?

[/blockquote]

Small town USA, I've had an entire septic system installed with no payment up front. Not unheard of where I live.
I'm waiting for the contractor to show up now. Here are some photos from the second story window. It's the best I can do to show the entire job. To the far right past the house is also a parking pad and small walk to the man door leading to the garage.

As sad as it may be, that looks to be 'normal' for around my place.
Back in the 80's, when I was in high school, I'd help my dad fix up houses so he could flip them. He'd always say, "nobody will notice that from the highway" (the highway was eight miles away). His other saying was "we're not building a piano" meaning it doesn't have to be perfect. Ha ha.

Same with this job, looks okay until you get your feet on it.
Man i feel for ya. You pay good money and deserve a professional job. Dont let them talk you into a patch job. Tear out and replace section. That looks horrible. My blood pressure would be thru the roof if that was mine. I would only be ok with the tear out and repour if the color was a perfect match. You paid for one color not two.

Good luck man.

I would have had them do a curve at the turn not just strait angles.

There

R12C said:

He'd always say, "nobody will notice that from the highway" (the highway was eight miles away). His other saying was "we're not building a piano" meaning it doesn't have to be perfect. Ha ha.

The old guy that taught me most everything I know about woodworking and carpentry saying was "It ain't Bookwalters house and it ain't kitchen cabinets."

Yeah, I know about small town stuff. I had a steel roof put on without paying a dime. When I came home to find my roof half done I told the contractor I wasn't going to have the money for a week or so. He said "no problem, we had a good weather window so I wanted to get it done. I know you're good for it."

Just didn't think it happened anywhere else.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15