Washing machine leak
Had a big puddle of water under the washing machine the other day. Frigidaire laundry center. Anyway, I pulled the front cover off. Water in the bottom of the machine, and a little on the drain hose. No evidence of leakage from the drain hose where it goes into the drain in the wall box.

No obvious problems. Dried everything off and ran a couple of tubs. No leaks. Have kept an eye on it the last couple days. No problems.

Two things come to mind.

1. Sticky water level sensor. May have overfilled the tub.

2. Wife said she just rinsed some stuff that had be washed previously and sat for a while. I wonder if she filled the tub and then advanced the timer to a point where spin cycle started and spun water from a too full tub for that operation. Is that possible, or is there some sort of lock out/safeguard to preclude that happening?

If it's the latter, then all I need do is tell wife to let cycle run from beginning without advancing. Then tell her "I told you so" when she does it again.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
Floor drain under the machine?
Probably a bad drum seal. Bad news.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
KC said:

Floor drain under the machine?

I mention this because we have one, and that's where any backup downstream shows up.
That is not at all what I thought you meant.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Why would a drum seal leak badly one time, and not a drop for the next 3 or 4 loads?

No floor drain. Drain is in a box in the wall.
clovishound said:

Why would a drum seal leak badly one time, and not a drop for the next 3 or 4 loads?

Any chance you just had a load out of balance and water splashed out? I don't have the same washer, but I have had that happen.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Could be. At this point it could be anything. Will keep an eye on it.
clovishound said:

Could be. At this point it could be anything. Will keep an eye on it.

I have a very similar sounding leak on a Samsung HE front-loader.

I think I have isolated the problem to the detergent drawer 'filling too fast': so much water comes in that the water backs up in the hose leading into the tub. I wouldn't have thought that was possible (it's a good size hose), but it does.

My advice: keep a log of which cycles are being run and which ones leak. Then watch those cycles. You might be able to video it with a smartphone or such.

In my case, the Delicates cycles was the worst-offending cycle. But most of the wash doesn't use the Delicates cycle, so it was hard to reproduce...

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Same thing happened to me. Some loads no leak at all some loads a lot of water. Took it apart and the plastic tub that surrounds the metal one had a 6 inch split in it. Could not see it until I took it apart.