Do I need glue?
I'm nearly done with a mission settle (in walnut) that I've been building (for far too long). It's my first major hand-tool project and first furniture project other than bookcases I've made from plywood, so I've learned a ton along the way.

I'm planning to drawbore the mortise and tenon joints of the rails into the legs.

I know that some people use glue in these joints and some do not. But my question is whether or not I should use glue for the joints between the slats and the rails.

Those joints are pretty snug and I guess there's no structural need since the legs will keep the rails in place.

Thanks, in advance, for your suggestions...

p.s. I tried to post a picture, but I didn't know how.
I don't think so, unless you want to prevent them rattling after they shrink a little. Even so, I usually skip the glue on the slats since getting the whole assembly together is enough of a headache without the complication of glue.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
To post photos here you first have to upload them to the web; someplace like Google Picasa, Photobucket, etc. From there, you copy and paste the file that starts with "http" and ends with "jpg" into the box that opens when you click on the "Image" code below.

John
I can only speak for Photobucket because that is all I have used, but their choice on the bottom starts with IMG, and if you click that it auto copies it, and you can just click it into the text here (PASTE) without the need of using the UBB code.

Just using IMG

Using the code, and adding the UBB will add a pair of [/image]'s around the pic.

" />

Plus it would appear it also shifts it to the right
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I have used draw peg construction about a dozen times. I only used glue on the tenons on the first one as I did not know any better.No need for glue.
mike
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback (and instructions for posting pics). Sounds like I should just do it without any glue, which will certainly be neater.

Maybe once it's done, I'll upload some photos.