cove or detail first ?
So which do I do first, cove or detail? This is my second attempt. On my first ever cutting a cove on the TS, doing the detail last was a challenge. But then the cove came out on a slope, one end deeper than the other, so I’ll do it all over again. This is for a clock kit from Klockit,
http://www.klockit.com/cat_img/35603.jpg
What detail is there?

your pic is so small even when I enlarged it I could not see any detail
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Are you trying to do something like what is featured in figure 1 here?
http://www.newoodmoulding.com/MouldingHi...911-1a.jpg
I would call that a cavetto (or cove) with astragal. In this case, and possibly in yours, the astragal is a torus.
I'd add that sucker on after I made the cove. Is there a reason you can't use two separate pieces?
Because there is no pic. All I have are in house, no on - line pics.
Is this it?
The Independence II Corner Wall Clock
JerGar said:

Is this it?
The Independence II Corner Wall Clock

The only detail I see in this pic which appears to be the same as your pic the only detail I see is the cove cut

Which leads me to the conclusion you need to cut the cove and then miter and fit the crown.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

The one I see in the large photo is a small quarter round with a filet. This can be seen along the bottom of the molding.
Paul K. Murphy said:

The one I see in the large photo is a small quarter round with a filet. This can be seen along the bottom of the molding.

Also seems to be a filet on the the top, where the flat transitions to the cove.
Agreed. That was tough to see, but I think you're right.
The quarter round and fillet would be separate of the crown. You cannot successfully mill it as one piece If you did it would be an ovolo

As for the top the small fillet detail would have to be made after the cove still.

Trying to set it up otherwise is a lot of effort and no gain.