Some saws in apple
Here you go, Martin...

With the apples on our trees almost ready to pick, some saws in apple seem appropriate. These saw handles all came from a piece of apple whose grain and coloring were particularly appealing to me.

The first pictures are of a 12" Smith's Key saw. The last picture is of a matched set of 14" sash saws, made for a fellow left-handed woodworker.

Isaac
Blackburn Tools - simply classic
Blog
You do beautiful work, Isaac. But I've got to say, the closed handles with lamb's tongues are out of this world.
+1

Outstanding !
The wrong kind of non-conformist.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com
You're killin me bubba!

Drop dead gorgeous!

HOT darn! Those are sexy!
That Smith's Key sure has a curvy handle. Beautiful work on the horns.

It seems hung pretty low, especially for a back saw, but I guess that's the way the original one was?

One of these days you saw guys are going to have to explain to me why some of the really old saws (pre 1900) are hung so low in comparison to the later ones.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Beautiful, as usual.

I see you are making canted saws now.

Hmm, I may have to buy a couple more...

I was perusing your website and see you now have a 24 month wait time. Sounds like business is going well, which is great to hear!

You make beautiful saws that perform as well as they look.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Definitely drool-worthy. Thrilled that business is good. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Steve