Mini Gloat - and - What's in the Box?
Just scored these off an on-line auction site - 30 bucks - and my real desire was for the boxes.

One even has some birdseye maple with a light reddish stain.

The inside of the box shows how the PO cared for his tools. Front to rear - Stanley Handyman, Millers Falls, and Yankee 131.

In case you missed it, I said "Yankee", as in North Bros. Yankee, meaning older than 1946. The pictures just do not do justice for this screwdriver. It is in spectacular condition. Here's a picture showing it with another Stanley Yankee of the same size. That's my gloat!

Richard
We all wish that guys took care of their tools like this.

Here's an idea...you should reproduce these boxes and sell them to your fellow galoots. Then our grandchildren will find tools this nice.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
enjuneer said:

We all wish that guys took care of their tools like this.

Here's an idea...you should reproduce these boxes and sell them to your fellow galoots. Then our grandchildren will find tools this nice.

Bob,

I plan to make a number of these boxes to house some of my other tools, but I probably won't make enough to sell.

Richard
Politics 
A certified gloat

Thx for sharing
30 bux, Richard has gone to suck city. Nice score my friend.

Those look wirginal
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Richard, beautiful set you found there. I love that someone cared for them enough that he wanted to protect them this well.

Might I ask, do you have one of those monster sized 25" long Yankee 131A? I may have to tempt you if not. I have one that is in great condition in the original box (also great condition) that I've been hoarding, but I may be able to let it go to a new home.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

Might I ask, do you have one of those monster sized 25" long Yankee 131A?

Gregory,

Both the ones shown in the last picture are 131A's, but I'm always looking for more.

Richard
Thou doth sucketh, mightily.

You did realize these are all left handed Norths...
Anji12305 said:

I was always under the impression that they could be used equally well with either left- or right hand, depending on the user.

Richard
Anji12305 said:

HUH????
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW