Project Completed; With Your Help
I've completed the small cabriole leg table that my son requested. I got some good advice from folks on this forum regarding curved laminations, lumber purchases, and some finishing issues. Thanks.

The top came out of the crotch of a cherry stump given to me by a friend several years ago. The drawer fronts are shop cut veneer from some "junk" cherry I bought several years ago. Some of those planks had interesting pitchy grain that I cut into veneer and have used on several projects. The maple drawer sides came from a section of bowling alley. The legs are carved from blanks purchased from an Ebay source that someone here recommended; I think the sellers name was Green. The drawer bottoms are covered with Ultrasuede.

It was a fun and interesting project and contains a lot of "firsts" for me. Finish is garnet shellac with a few drops of dye to "brown" it a little. Then it is topped with a couple of coats of poly.

Great job. Looks beautiful.
Awesome!! I love the top. Most folks would have pitched the "Flaws" in the top, but you made it a focal point. A fine piece of art.
Gunners Mate, 1st Class, A long time ago...
That top is sweet. Beautiful piece!
Nothing like Nature's carvings!!!!

Very nice use of the woods.
nice little table
Beautiful table and gorgeous top. I like that the legs are thin and elegant. Ken
Great artistry as well as craftsmanship! Very well done!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Nice job.
The table is very nice, but that top is just gorgeous, a true celebrate the defect approach, and it works perfectly with the simple, graceful lines of the rest of the piece.

John