Request for a Plan
A friend who says he is 'a little wobbly on his pins' came to check out a lathe duplicator I made from ShopNotes. I borrowed a folding stool for him to use and thought it would be a useful addition to the shop. I checked on line and after reading comments that current versions tend to fall apart I looked around for ideas on building my own. I found a set of plans for a couple dollars from A Simple Design of Ocala website.

I tried to purchase the plans but kept getting error messages. There was a phone # and e-mail address listed under contact information. I called, left a message and was in the process of writing an e-mail when the phone rang. The gentleman identified himself as the the owner of A Simple Design of Ocala a custom woodworking business. He had gotten the phone call but he needed to turn off the equipment in his shop so he could be heard.

He explained that the website is undergoing changes and some of the links are not working. He said if I gave him an e-mail address he would send the plans free of charge. I gave him my address and he remained on the line to verify I had gotten the pdf file and could open it.

I will probably never deal with Mr. Shaughnessy again as I am several states away but wanted to share his prompt and professional response.

Bill
Google folding garden stool wood plans
I made one like this:

http://www.craftsmanspace.com/free-proje...-plan.html

Bulletproof
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Gary:

I was looking for a stool similar to this one.

Do you use the camping stool that you made in your shop?

Thanks, Bill
Hi Bill,
I don't use it in the shop often; sticking to the plans it's too low--makes a good height for a small side table when sitting in a canvas beach chair.
We have used it as a chair--it's plenty sturdy and would probably scale up fine.
I like the fact that it doesn't take much space when not in use.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Bill, I have the one you posted an image of. It is great at the work bench but too short at the lathe. If you make one for the lathe it may need to be higher.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Laney is a great guy, I am unsurprised by his actions!

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
When I first started turning, I could stand ok. However now due to physical reasons I have to sit. Look for a stool that raises in height and on rollers. Couldn't use turning tools with my knees in front. I even changed the seat with a bicycle seat and my feet touch the floor and I can hold turning tools properly. A piano stool or some mechanics stools work well. I can email a pic of my homemade stool. My son made it. I don't know how to post pics to this forum.
Sandra
Folding Stool
Just 12 parts.

Thanks to Laney Shaughnessy

Bill

Folding Stool 1

Folding Stool 2

Folding Stool 3
Nice stool and nice story.
See ya later,
Bill
Bill

Not to change the subject but I would like to hear more of your lathe duplicator you made.

I have wanted one for quite some time but the cost is way over my head.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.