Stunning Dining Table
Was with my wife in Fredericksburg, TX this weekend and noticed this very nice mesquite dining table. Very well done, large bookmatched 2-inch thick mesquite boards with turquoise inlays to fill the voids common in mesquite.

Was listed for about $13k, then "on sale" for $8,800. It's been my experience the maker probably would get half when placed in a store like that. The lady in the store would not tell he who made it, told me he only sells "wholesale."

Anybody recognize the maker? Probably a Texas Hill Country woodworker.

The Lou Quallenberg Studios sells mesquite furniture in the Hill Country, including mesquite tables with turquoise inlay as depicted in your photo. According to the studios, each piece is signed by the maker. They are made in Llano.

http://www.louqart.com/
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Looked at the website, it's not clear to me this is the maker, notice the legs on the table I saw, nothing matched this style on the website you provided.

But Lou Quallenberg has some very nice furniture!
Talk to KC. If he didn't make it, he likely knows who did.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Could be a number of different people. I sell mesquite slabs and am always interested in what people use to fill the many defects. I travel a fair amount in the Southwest to art fairs, furniture galleries, etc.. The use of turquoise for filling is very much a Southwest thing and a lot of different furniture makers use it.

Up north, I saw a similar table in a craft gallery outside Chicago. While people liked the table, the mesquite/turquoise combination didn't make the kind of connection it does in the Southwest.

Mesquite is quite expensive outside the Southwest and most furniture makers up north don't know enough about mesquite to realize that the "defects" are part of the charm. Ergo, not many mesquite tables with turquoise filling are on display.
Martin S. said:

Talk to KC. If he didn't make it, he likely knows who did.

Ummm... not my style. This was posted the other day also in OffTopic.