Interesting look into the insides of a Festool ts55
I always thought they were filled with unicorn poop and hens teeth.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
I do know my Fes stool saw sounds like what i would expect from a harborfreight saw. Sounds rough and crunchy...not solid. I was told this is normal. and now i guess i see why.

wonder when HF will come out with its own tracksaw.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I've viewed dozens of this guys videos. He knows a lot more about bearings, motors, materials and (stuff) then I do and I have to respect much of his opinions. i've learned a bunch of new localized Canadian words also!
WoodNET... the new safespace
Jeremy s said:

I do know my Fes stool saw sounds like what i would expect from a harborfreight saw. Sounds rough and crunchy...not solid. I was told this is normal. and now i guess i see why.

I don't experience this with my TS 75. Sometimes, if the sheet goods aren't perfectly flat, I'll get some noise from the track shifting as it flattens out over the length of the cut, but the saw doesn't make any sounds other than what I've heard from a conventional circular saw.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Jeremy s said:

I do know my Fes stool saw sounds like what i would expect from a harborfreight saw

"Expect" sounds like you have never used a HF saw. I've tried a few Central Machinery and Chicago Electric power tools and they don't sound or feel anything like Festool.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe

Quote:

I've tried a few Central Machinery and Chicago Electric power tools and they don't sound or feel anything like Festool.

neither does an ax.

for nearly three times the price of a upscale CS I would expect better having used a TS55...... I do as good with a Skil 77 and a shop built guide.

but what do I know I have no reason to defend a 650-750 range saw...
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

meackerman said:

wonder when HF will come out with its own tracksaw.

I saw a bandsaw mill in the flyer today . 2K on sale...
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Richard D. said:

[blockquote]Jeremy s said:

I do know my Fes stool saw sounds like what i would expect from a harborfreight saw

"Expect" sounds like you have never used a HF saw. I've tried a few Central Machinery and Chicago Electric power tools and they don't sound or feel anything like Festool.

[/blockquote]

Ok It sounds more like a harborfreight 4 1/2 angle grinder. It sounds more like crap than any other circ saw i have used. I was shocked at how bad the saw sounded when i first got it and thought something was wrong and took it back. Nope its normal. Kinda dissapointing if you ask me but what ever.

One thing you need to realize about the price is the process to get it into your hands.

Festool>US Distributor>Dealer>You

Where DeWalt or Milwaukee .., other than Chinese manufacturing, takes out the US Distributor which cuts some serious money off of the price tag.