Kenmore Front Load Washer Repair Manual
I am looking for the PDF version of the service manual for my Kenmore front load washer, Model 417.29042992. From where may I download a free copy ? There are sites which are selling the manual, but I don't trust my credit card number with them and don't know whether the manual has what I am looking for, as there is no preview of the start of the manual (i.e., cover page, table of contents and exploded view of washer etc.).

Neither the Kenmore site nor the Sears site has the repair/service manual. They have the owner's manual, but that is for operating the machine, not fixing it.

I am looking for step by step instructions on dismantling the drain pump to clean it up, as it is not pumping out the water and the machine will not go into spin cycle. It starts the spin but stops after 2 to 3 seconds as there is still water in the drum.

Can anyone please help with this info ?
I've had good luck using these guys to resolve appliance problems - Repair Clinic.

Not a manual, but it might get you pointed in the right direction.

Phil
I can't help with the manual, but when I had that problem, folks on this site pointed me to a youtube video on cleaning the filter before the pump. It was an easy job, other than cleaning out the nasty goop that had accumulated, and it pumped like new after it was cleaned. You might even be able to find that thread with some searching, but there were two or three such vids on youtube, so the info is out there. For free. Assuming that's the problem, which is a common one as it turns out.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Found the thread, complete with pictures.

Front loader filter cleaning linka-dinka-doo
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
When my Kenmore had the same problem a couple years ago, the water wasn't getting pumped all the way out, it turned out to be the door lock mechanism, not the pump.

Although, in my searching for that solution, I did remove the pump and cleaned it out.

Just looked for the manual I found and downloaded. I must have deleted it as I got rid of the washer last year when the drum spider broke. Sorry.

Kevin
Thanks Guys - much appreciated !