There's a critter in my house...
We had mice in here last year. I used glue traps & caught 7 mice. I heard rustling in my back cupboard the other day, so I deployed some more baited glue traps.
So far, nothing. So, I don't think it's mice this time.

We don't have any insects inside either.

Any ideas on what it could be?
chipmunk

or just a mouse you haven't caught, yet.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Could be a government mole?
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Don't worry once it finds a shovel it will move on
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

How big is the hole it used to get into the cupboard? Did you hear it day or night?
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

I live in a rural area and usually have upwards of a dozen traps set at any time in the house and the shop. Have caught as many as five in one night. Probably caught over 100 mice in the 15 months we have lived here. It has slowed substantially, and now comes in short waves.

Just because the trap hasn't caught anything doesn't mean it's not a mouse.

I've used almost every kind of trap available in the home improvement stores, including sticky traps. Sticky traps have the worst performance record of any I have used, and I think they're some of the most inhumane traps going.

All of my traps now are traditional snap traps and a few live traps. The live traps merely capture the mice and hold them in a small box until I can dispatch them. The live traps work for some mice that manage to escape the snap traps.

I often have the bait (peanut butter) taken off the snap traps. I've tried altering their sensitivity, without increasing the success rate.

There's no substitute for quantity of snap traps, in my view.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
This type.

Moved into this house after it sat empty for over a year. Mice in kitchen and garage. Tried old fashioned metal bail traps---the buggers stole the bait(peanut butter).

Saw this type in a store(HD maybe?). Was less than $10 for 2.

Set two four times----got 8 mice. None since then.
I have a few Tomcat brand plastic traps, but they don't look like that.

The mice here seem to get 'em figured out before too long. All of my traps, including the live traps, have had the bait stolen.

Had one instance last summer in which the SAME mouse got snapped in one trap (one hind leg caught), which he then dragged 30 feet. He found a second trap and went after the bait in that trap, which snapped on his other hind leg. When I got to him, he was very much alive and ready to fight. I called him "Mighty Mouse."
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I hear it in the day time more than the night. Does that make a difference I don't know about?
Could be a bat ? Home to roost during daylight hours.
Bob