Martial Arts Belt Display
My neice is asking me to make a belt display for her daughter. I've looked at pictures online, but wondering if anyone here has made such a beast. My biggest question is how do the belts attach? Is there a recommended size? I think, from what she's told me, she's looking for something that displays 12" to 18" of the belt, horizontally or vertically. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
David Dahl

Be still, and know that I am God...
yeah, just google this magic phrase:

"martial arts belt display case"
(then click on images)
I've not made one, but I've seen a few.

The ones I remember liking did not fasten the belt across the front, but rather from behind such as in this picture (appears to be a black zip-tie):

Additionally, and from a personal perspective, I feel that a knotted belt looks nicer and honors the achievement more so than the flat, folded belts you see most often.

I'm also partial to the country of origin for this style of defense ... thus incorporating that style into the overall design fits well such as below. These belts could be slid over a couple of vertical posts.

~Dan.
I know a couple of things about them:

1. You have to pull the hand planes; not push them.

2. Be prepared to duck if you have to tell that person you can't build the display.
Pictures I've seen. My question is about how to design and build to attach the belts. Pictures don't help me with that. They seem to wrap around, but what hold 'em in place?

Thanks!
David Dahl

Be still, and know that I am God...
I made one for my son. I used black hair bands ("scrunchies"?) that are meant to hold pony tails for the belts. The ones I used were about 1/8" thick, so they don't look like fashion accessories. Just thick black rubber bands. One on each side. Then the belts are chained together vertically just using S-hooks.

I like how it turned out. So, there's one idea for you.