blah blah blah
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(01-17-2017, 07:38 PM)Steve N Wrote: blah blah blah

Ok
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

[quote pid='7102680' dateline='1442877829']
Trying to future-proof a computer desk strikes me as a fools-errand.  Do your best, but don't fret about it.

No matter what you do, it'll be wrong...
...eventually.  
[/quote]

I'm working more at home lately, and need a new working space.  The above comment resonates with me, as the hardware is constantly changing, and now I am using dual monitors at work for writing and editing, which is really convenient when dealing with multiple documents.

So my thinking is more of a simple table, with integral power strips, holes for cabling, and movable shelves/platforms for monitors, etc. just sitting on the top, with a height and width to accommodate rolling cabinets underneath, with maybe one center drawer for pencils, rulers, etc., nothing large.  My work also involves hard copy documents, so I need some workspace for that. Then to find a good chair....... or make one.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-17-2017, 08:04 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Ok
Winkgrin

That was a frustration post with a previously broken thread. At least broken for all of us who didn't pony up the 6 bux
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
we just bought my son one of the Husky Adjustable-Height Work Table at HD.  $200.  Just need to add a keyboard tray.  Easy way to get a sit/stand desk.   Not fancy, not glamorous, pretty well built though and priced right.  Could be a little deeper, but I can always replace the top later if it becomes an issue.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(01-18-2017, 06:06 PM)Steve N Wrote: That was a frustration post with a previously broken thread. At least broken for all of us who didn't pony up the 6 bux
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh

I hear ya.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020