Computer desk ideas
Cooler is right. The tension on the arm can be adjusted so it doesn't sag down. You are correct, though, the cable coming out of it is pretty heavy and can tend to drag it down.

I've been lusting after that big Cintiq, too.
DaveR1 said:

Cooler is right. The tension on the arm can be adjusted so it doesn't sag down. You are correct, though, the cable coming out of it is pretty heavy and can tend to drag it down.

I've been lusting after that big Cintiq, too.

The cables are supposed to nestle inside the arm after adjustments. The instructional video illustrates that too. You will need a few black zip ties for that operation.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
That's not the case with the arm I have on my Cintiq. The lead is wrong to get it into the channel on the underside of the arm. If I were to get the 27" cintiq I would probably use a modified GCX arm instead. We use a lot of those in the ORs and they're bullet proof.
Halfathumb said:

I was a tunnel rat in Nam back in 1967 and I don't enjoy it now like I did then. No more adrenaline rush!

You have my gratitude and respect.
I've read stories about their work.
“Almost no one is ever insulted into agreement.”

Some of my  favorites computer desks 
[Image: xcorner-desk.jpg.pagespeed.ic.m15E5Cdnc8.webp]
Another thread from the past that is updated, and yet the updates don't show? Or is it just my computer?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks kompera.  Both of those are quite nice.  I also hope to make a computer desk later this year and the second one tickles my fancy quite well.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I don't know if on can purchase the mechanism for these adjustable height desk tops separately or not.  I am hoping to build later this year and I will have a desk I can adjust from sitting to standing, even if I have to remove and toss their topper.  There may be other adjustable options out there.  I have not researched that yet.
[url=http://www.varidesk.com/product/standing-desk-pro-plus-36?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-_HDBRD2lomhoufc1JkBEiQA0TVMmjCqD6kfTIF8HS3GWZFUvTF6XS6niNGJoGkvJ9e6iFoaAv0k8P8HAQ][/url]
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Kewl thread
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Running computers in enclosed cabinets will quickly cook them. Get her a laptop that lives on an open cubby and run a small fan through it. That way the cpu can stay slive for backups and updates, etc, without frying anything.

JMO & TMWV
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard