Columbus, OH
I am going to be in Columbus, OH this coming week with some free time on hand. Looking for old tools, either through specialty dealers or antique places. Can somebody recommend where to go?

Also, if there are general woodworking-related recommendations for the area.

Thanks,

BG
I'll be happy to help. Will you be here on Friday? If so, and if my dealer has any sales, I'll be glad to take you with me. Otherwise, come out to my basement shop for a tour - we'll bring out the "boneyard" for you.

One place is good for old tools - Heritage Square Antique Mall - north off Exit 110 on I 70 - about 3/4 mile north and on the west side of Brice Road. Good selection - priced about market, but I have found a number of deals there. Be sure to look through the display cases also.

Finally, no trip to Columbus is complete without a trip to Woodwerks, a woodworkers dream store. Fortunately, maybe unfortunately at times, I live with 6 miles of each of the above recommendations.

Richard
BG, you won't regret taking up Richard on his offer to stop by. If you're in the market for any specific hand planes, spokeshaves, chisels and a variety of other things, you may also want to check with another great local tool dealer, Rowland Smith. Either of us can get you in contact with him.