Xacta saw arbor bearings
I've replaced the bearings in this saw once, maybe twice (can't remember if the second time was mine or somebody else's). But it's making noise rather frequently again.

Not necessarily difficult, but certainly a PITA.
Whoa. That's not cool. Have you checked with Jet? Wonder what they'd have to say about it.
I have an Xacta - for several years now - but haven't had any issues. Do you use it daily?
might want to upgrade them bearings

I find it difficult to believe that you are headed into your second set of bearings on your saw

I have seen saws 50 yrs old with more use ( like 6-8 hours daily) that have never required a set of bearings.

JME

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

JGrout said:

might want to upgrade them bearings

I find it difficult to believe that you are headed into your second set of bearings on your saw

I have seen saws 50 yrs old with more use ( like 6-8 hours daily) that have never required a set of bearings.

JME

Joe

I did use it heavily for several years. Not so much the last three, but have worked quite a bit this summer. I think I've probably only replaced these once... and replaced ones on the left-tilt Xacta when I was working at the mesquite outfit. Pretty sure a buddy of mine has replaced his as well. All these were the white model (not the older blue).
Which leads me to reinforce my original conclusion find a source for better quality bearings.

Power transmission dealers in the yellow pages will yield the right people to discuss this with further

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I can't offer a reason for your bearing issue but the guys over at OWWM know bearings. Iron Dr. Bob Vaughn gave me a recommendation and supplier when I did my 70's PM66 but I don't recall the brand or distributor.

Bob Vaughan often recommends Nachi brand bearings. I've used them a number of times and haven't had any quality issues with them.
Vince Ancona
WoodNet Moderator
Editor, Woodsmith Magazine
Vince said:

Bob Vaughan often recommends Nachi brand bearings. I've used them a number of times and haven't had any quality issues with them.

+1 on the Nachi bearings. Or if you want to spend a little more, Accurate Bearing carries NSK and NTN also. Just stay away from the cheap Chinese bearings which don't hold up for very long, as you have found out.

Greg
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.