Spectator Chairs Finished
The Spectator/Billiard chairs are finished and I thought I would post a couple of pictures. Thanks to several of you for the suggestions a few weeks ago on cutting the corners of the through mortises with a chisel by hand. It went well, just kinda slow. I would get a mortising machine if I had to do many of these! They will go in my pool/game room " /> " />
Phillip in SW Mo.
Nice!
Those look great! Very nice job.

Frank
Frank
Cool and well done. I like the through m&t joinery, proportions and upholstery. However I don't think the prefab appliques on the backrest complement and do justice to all the hand work you did.
I like these chairs but like Danceswithticks, I don't like the decorative pieces on the seat back. They don't match the style in my opinion and I can't imagine they would be comfortable to lean against. Is this your design? I am searching for a design suitable to modify into dining room chairs and I like this a lot. Ken
Ken Vick said:

I like these chairs but like Danceswithticks, I don't like the decorative pieces on the seat back. They don't match the style in my opinion and I can't imagine they would be comfortable to lean against. Is this your design? I am searching for a design suitable to modify into dining room chairs and I like this a lot. Ken

Here is the link to the plans. I modified them a little. The arms to my chairs are shorter in back and I added a higher foot rest. The decorative piece on the back is not as uncomfortable as it looks and my wife really likes it. She picked it out.

Canadian Woodworking
Phillip in SW Mo.
Boy, those look sharp, very nice work. I like the contrast between the wood and the dark upholstery, too.

Bob
Very nice indeed!!! Makes me want to go out and buy a pool table just so I have an excuse to build a couple of those
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

Thanks for the comments. They were fun to build, but took longer than I thought. All my projects seem to.
Phillip in SW Mo.
dazdougan said:

Thanks for the comments. They were fun to build, but took longer than I thought. All my projects seem to.

Taking longer just extends the joy of what you are doing!

You did a great job on these.
See ya later,
Bill