Family Tree
My son and I made this for my daughter and son in laws Xmas 2014. We finally got it put up. Made of walnut with poplar leaves. going to make a few more frames yet.

For the frames I wanted a way to make the pictures simple to change and hang any direction . I just put a saw cut for a screw to hang them on and a 1/4" x 3/4 slat with a notch to wedge the picture in. very simple.

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Looks great! I like the simplicity of the frame design/backer. Very slick.
Benny

What a great idea Don!
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Beautiful !!
That is awesome
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
I really like this, its very cool. Reminds me of my Great Grandmothers house with the way she arranged the family photos on her wall.

Bob
Thanks everyone, we had fun making it. My son in law is in to genealogy /family history . He knows more about my family than we do, I had to arrange the pictures special way. My son made the leaves out of thick poplar by tracing 3 oak leaves, then slicing them very thin on the bandsaw. sanded them and left them out overnight to pickup moisture and warp a bit. very cool effect. That's MY Son
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop