Honda mower issue. Anyone here knowledgable on them?
Or can direct me where to search?

HRM217 model. For whatever reason, the blade is not level to the deck so it cuts a slight slant to the left.
Sent to authorized repair and they found nothing, put new blades on and called it non-warranty.
So is it fixed?
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Woodenfish said:

So is it fixed?

No.
The deck must be bent tilting the engine or the tires are not set the same height on one side.
If the new blade is tilted on it's mount, it will still not cut shorter on just one side, and vibrations would be pretty bad.

You may need to shim the engine or check for worn tires, mounts, or make tire adjustments on one side.
Sounds like the wheels on one side are not as high as on the other.

John
I have that mower. Seems easy to adjust one side's wheels to compensate for the bent deck.
http://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/forum/
http://www.mytractorforum.com/44-small-engines-repair/

lots of good knowledge at both sites.
let us know iffen ya find a solution.
a quick check:
get the mower on a flat surface. make sure all 4 wheels are set at sameheight. measure distance from blade to ground at 4 positions 90 degrees from each other starting on one side and using the same end of the blade.
if theres a difference, take it back and get a refund or replacement. this wouldnt fall under warranty. its manufacturing defect.
The blade should be tilted but with the front a little lower not the side. Most likely it's a bent deck. How much are we talking about more than a half inch?

The mower shops here have lots of good stories about how Honda will not cover warranty anything. So bad that they stopped selling their products and stopped doing their warranty work. I like some of their engines but their customer service is poor.
I had a Honda mower. The deck was molded plastic. I don't see how it could bend. It could crack I suppose but I never saw any indication that it did.

Remove the spark plug wire and take some measurements. If it is not level the ruler will tell you.

First check to see that the wheels are all at the same height setting.

Then check to see if the bottom of the deck rests at an even height on the right and left side of the mower.

Finally measure the blade from the ground to the cutting edge on the right and left side of the mower (rotate the blade to measure from the right and left.

How to measure is easier said than done. I guess I would rest a piece of plywood on two saw horses and put the mower on that. Drill a couple of ports (about 1" in diameter) and measure through the ports.

It could be that the engine is not bolted on level, but my suspicion is that the wheels are not raising the deck equally on both sides of the mower.

Remember to put the spark plug cable back in when you are done. Removing the cable is the only 100% sure way you can be that it won't kick over and chop off a finger.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.