Any concrete guys here? Crack repair
Our concrete driveway has a cracked area. Part of it has dropped down a bit. There is also a fine crack coming off the major crack. It stops after a few feet.
Looking for the best , cost effective way to fix it. I figure I will have to cut out (I have a saw) the bad part and repour. I could live with the very fine crack, if I could stop it from getting longer. It would save pouring a lot more concrete. If it was metal, I would just drill a hole at the end of it to stop it.
About in the middle of the last picture, you can bairly see the tight crack that goes about 3' and stops.
We are in SW FL and have sandy soil and no freezing.
Thank for any help.
" /> " /> " />
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Sink hole!
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

cut on both sides of the crack, both the little and big, cut out about 3ft and connect the lines. bust up that chunk of concrete and remove. redo the base were your old chunks settled and repour. with a little adding of color you may reduce how much the new patch will stand out. Your section of the big crack and how the little crack are blending together just to make that area fail. You either had a bad base in the section or someone is parking a heavy vehicle on that spot cause you sure broke it up. Since the cracks are part of an area that is settling you are not going to stop the cracks and stop the area from breaking free of the drive. So either cut out the section and re-pour or just ignore it and live with it. ugly looking concrete finish work. Looks more like that finish was getting away from them and fought to save it.
Not sure if this would be something you would consider but if it were mine I would cut it across the width and add brick or something similar so the repair would look like a design feature
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Not sure what you mean when you say "cut on both sides of the crack, both the little and big, cut out about 3ft and connect the lines"
Do you mean to cut a curve on the outside of the damaged area, and repour that, or cut a rectangle area out and repour that? If I did the rectangle, suspect I should make a joint where it is now. How about on the edges of the new rectangle of concrete? Try to blend into old, or have a joint around the repair?

If I want to just fill the cracks, what should I use? Specific product?
I think a concrete product, vs a caulk, would be easier to blend to hide the repair. I will try to match existing paint. We don't drive, or park on that area.

I think the finish work you refer to is the painted finish on top of the concrete.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
any kind of half butt fix will fail in a few years possibly faster with the unstable base it appears you have. The weight of the concrete will get you every time unless you can stabilize the base
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Anything you can do will be half assed. Why not embrace it and drill a hole and inject can foam yourself. Worst case scenario you're no worse off than you a re now.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
You can break out the concrete where the cracks are ,tamp the soil and pour the concrete patch. The patch will be visible . I would remove the larger piece, cut the area square and plant something there since it is on the edge of the driveway.
mike
The diy foam jacking is a good first plan. Being in sw Florida I would be very wary of sink holes and damage like this is a common sign.