An offer that may be of interest....
I've belonged to the AAW since I started dabbling in turning a little over 2 years ago (my turning can still only be described as dabbling, BTW). Anyway, I have all the issues of their magazine with the membership....it's very good and the reason I joined, but quite a bit advanced for a dabbler. Anyway, if someone would like to peruse these (13 magazines, I think) I would happy to mail them to you...and I'll pay the postage on one condition: you come back here and make the same offer to another Woodnetter once you've finished. I'm not giving these away for someone to try and sell or otherwise profit...just wanting to offer them up to others who may want to look through them and read some of the great trips published. So, first PM gets them and I'll try to getb them in the mail ASAP. For those interested, these will fit into a Regional Flat Rate "A" box, if it otherwise qualifies for that (distance).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Very generous offer!!
Steve K

That's a good way to recycle magazines. Maybe that's something the management can look into getting up & running?
A magazine exchange would be neat for a lot of people.
One condition should be to not tear out pages & such.
Just scan them if you want a copy of a project maybe?

Anyway, a generous offer indeed.
Thanks guys, I'm sure a lot of folks here belong to AAW and already have them...but still thought I'd try. If there's no interest here, I have another forum I may ask in a few weeks.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I take mine to the club meetings and let who ever wants them take them away. Donated a bunch of old Fine Woodworking magazines to the store who sells them to provide for kids woodworking programs.

robo hippy
Fred

I also am a member of the AAW and like their mags. I like you I am not that good, but I like looking at them and even blow up some of the pictures so I can try them some day.

I feel I need to see pictures of better turnings that way I have something to strive to get better and make it someday.

It is the same with everyone I teach they learn the basics and try to get them better then me so that is why all the magazine's and books and DVDs I have or try to get.

I would keep them and mark the page of things you like and try it some day.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Fred,

I've sent you a PM. I am interested in your offer if the magazines are still available.

Thanks,

-jason
They'll be on their way tomorrow. Priority mail (which means it's anybody's guess if they will really get there ).
I'd like to be next in line for the mags. Same deal. I'll keep them a month and pass them on.
Nice offer Fred. I am also a member (and fellow dabbler...). The AAW mag is among the best WW magazines I have seen. I am astounded at the work shown and how these magician's tricks are revealed so others can try their hand.

Doug