Anyone build a Doll House ?
I have a 4 year old granddaughter who would like a doll house for Christmas. looking for ideas.
I saw this old Elmer's glue ad. I e-mailed Elmer's through their Customer service site. They sent the plans to me.
http://vintagead-a-rama.ecrater.com/p/16...vintage-ad
If they no longer offer them PM me and I will scan (or copy them) and send them to you.
Yeah, I built one several years ago. Regular 2 story with 4 rooms on each level.

No plans(I've built real houses). Used luaun(walls and roof sheathing) and 1/4" ply(floors). Cut dado's in the 1/4" for the wall mountings. Used Titebond and taped joints until dry.

Used bass wood and cedar shingles(Hobby Lobby/Michaels/etc.) for trim.

Used material(LOML's sewing supplies) for wall paper and thin clear plastic for windows.

I could not afford the doll furniture from the hobby stores, so tried to build some. Turned out kinda rustic.

I did buy wall hanging decorations.

I have three daughters so I built three dollhouses. All were from kits. These kits were pretty raw and I used all of my ww skills to make the finished products presentable. Each of them turned out well. Good luck with yours.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Built one for my kids - I duplicated our house. It is hinged so when it's closed it looks like our house outside. I use only 1/2" birch plywood. The window opening I used the size of windows I could buy at a hobby store. I did not use the windows but made the opening that size in case I wanted to add them later. I did use one of the front doors - didn't last long - so I left it off. I used 1" = 12" as scale. This is normal I believe. We bought plastic furniture for it so it would survive 3 girls. One day I may put wall paper and carpets in the house. When I have time.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
http://www.u-bild.com/projects-childrens/671.htm

built this one for my neices daughter about 8 years ago. it was a real fun project. i made oak flooring andcherry trim throughout.made some fancy window trim. planters for the windows. ijustlet myself go crazy. made the interior walls, zecond floor ceiling and floor removable to make painting easier.
what turned me on to it was that the front opens up instead of opening the back.