Dressing room
More of a big walk-in wardrobe really, but since it has a proper door and even a window, we dignify it with the title dressing room !

This has been an on-going project for some months, odd hours of work fitted in amongst more pressing stuff. However, today I moved the tools out and the clothes in !

I should stress this is not fine woodwork, this is basic built-in using painted mdf and even some screws....

View from the doorway - difficult even with a wide angle lens, but I'm sure you get the idea. The cupboards are 60cm (2ft) deep to allow full width for jackets etc.

There is a pull out hanging rail at 90° to make full use of the depth for trousers

The other side has a shallow cupboard for full length coats etc, plus a "window seat". This is also where the cable to the workshop is hidden on its way to the roof space, see thread "proper power".

The window seat lids lift to give access to his and hers laundry baskets

Then the bit that really amused Isabelle, the doors in the side of the shallow cupboard open to reveal an ironing board that hinges down

Here it is fully deployed, supported by a slide in bracket that lives in the front of one of the laundry baskets. There is a power point in the base of the cupboard to power the iron.

Just realised that in my haste to finish, I've not painted the inside of the ironing board cupboard. darn !
Also, the photos show up the 'orrible heating pipes on the back wall - must find a way to hide those...
Cheers

Chataigner in Périgord-Limousin National Park
www.rue-darnet.fr