For all us Pa people
It is a sad day. http://cdn0.grizzly.com/events/2015/09/0...elease.pdf
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Well that stinks. I keep thinking I need to take a trip out there, but never seemed to find the time or opportunity. Guess I missed my chance. Hope it works out for them.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I stopped back in June, picked up a few items, mainly for dust collection. Beautiful store and complex, but with less than a handful of customers, I left wondering how long it would remain open. I really wish they would have kept a small storefront open, to display their equipment.

For old time's sake, I may take a drive to it prior to final closing.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I'd always given thoughts about going to one of their clearance/scratch and dent sales. From SW Ohio heading almost to Philadelphia never sounded like a good drive, and driving to Mo sounded like a long trip, even if the driving heading West would be easier. Since being here (WoodNet) I've heard more about what is available, and I don't think a visit will ever happen due to that. Fact is, the S&H isn't so bad considering the weights. At home I've always gotten UPS home ship, and all of them have liftgate service, and the drivers have never looked for check marks if I paid the vig for liftgate. Sometimes life is real good
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
That is a real bummer! My parents built a vacation cabin in Muncy and visiting Grizzly was one of my favorite things to do there. I've bought Grizzly equipment that was delivered to me, but never anything big from the store.

Honestly, though, I have no idea why they built it where it is. As the release says they are really not close to anything. It takes 2 hours just to get to Harrisburg and then you're still hours away from everywhere else. Most times I'm in there, there may be one other customer but that's it. I've thought about buying something big from there, but after gas and tax, I'd about break even compared to paying for shipping.
it used to be just close enough to me that it was worth a trip. But then they moved it further east and it just didn't seem to be that compelling any more.
atgcpaul said:

I've thought about buying something big from there, but after gas and tax, I'd about break even compared to paying for shipping.

I've picked stuff up there. The advantage to me is avoiding the shipping damage drama. Plus it's like FAO Schwartz for big kids It's not hard to see the benefit of more centrally located shipping facilities but still....
kurt18947 said:

[blockquote]atgcpaul said:

I've thought about buying something big from there, but after gas and tax, I'd about break even compared to paying for shipping.

I've picked stuff up there. The advantage to me is avoiding the shipping damage drama. Plus it's like FAO Schwartz for big kids It's not hard to see the benefit of more centrally located shipping facilities but still....

[/blockquote]

Maybe I got lucky. My TS and BS were delivered at the same time 9 years ago and both made it OK.

However, if they have a decent inventory reduction sale, I'll be there with my Dad's trailer!
atgcpaul said:

However, if they have a decent inventory reduction sale, I'll be there with my Dad's trailer!

I don't know what you consider "decent", but here's the lowdown.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
fredhargis said:

I don't know what you consider "decent", but here's the lowdown.

The morning of Sep. 14th could be 'interesting' in Muncy, PA. No more tent sales after this one.